Finance & Payroll Assistant
Finance and payroll (50%)
- Monthly financial and management reporting for local and U.S. management team
- Full accounting responsibility for EU operations
- Invoicing, payments, AP/AR follow-up, assist with external accountants, credit cards,
- Work closely with SIAI finance team based in U.S.
- Cash forecast
- Follow up on insurance portfolio
- Support quarterly status reporting & yearly vital few
Full responsibility payroll activity (20%)
- Monthly salary processing
- Holiday planning and sick leave admin
- Manage Comp & Benefits (hospital insurance, pension plan, lease cars, mobile phone subscription)
- Administrative onboarding of new hires (Background check, contract, DIMONA, car, insurance, etc.)
- Communication with SDWorx (outside payroll provider)
- Pay employee expenses
Office support (30%)
- Assist employees with company related questions
- Support with legal contracts (NDA, PoC, employee contract, contractors)
- Follow up on daily correspondence
- Administrative follow up where necessary with customers, accountants, banks, government authorities, etc.)
- Manage the office (cleaning services, telecom, entrance badges and alarm system, supplies, parking, energy) in collaboration with the owner of the building
- Subscription administration and follow up
- Administration and follow up of research projects
- Support the hiring process: Collaborate with marketing to communicate vacancy; Assist with response and contacts with candidates; Aid in supporting contract proposal; Support in execution and follow up of SOC2 processes (recruitment)
- 1 – 3 years’ experience in accounting and financial reporting
- Bachelor’s degree in Economy, Law or Accounting required, Master’s degree in Economy, Law or Accounting or related, is a plus
- Knowledge of payroll admin is a plus
- Good knowledge of English is a must
- Must be able to work in the office in Ghent ~2 days/week
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to work well with diverse teams
- Willing to step up and take on new challenges as the company grows
- This is not just a job: you get the opportunity to work in the fast changing world of digital work instructions that will change the way frontline workers do their job.
- They offer a full-time job within a fast-growing international company.
- They are a young team of intelligent and passionate colleagues. They created a work place where you will be challenged, stimulated and encouraged to do your best.
- You will get the opportunity to work with global-500 companies in the Process Industry, Life Sciences, Assembly and Utilities sector.
- Their offices are in Ghent but we do work from home on a regular basis. Results are more important than you being present all the time.
- Work hard, play hard: we make it possible with a competitive salary, insurance benefits, and a personal bonus program based on your achievements. Be rewarded for doing your best.
- Constant learning environment and possibility to attend education or training.