Head of Engineering Department
Right now, our client is looking for an experienced Electrical Engineer to oversee their engineering department. He/ She will provide staff management, and technical quality for the electrical discipline within the company and will ensure that engineering activities comply with company procedures and policies.
- You place high demands on the quality of your own work and that of others.
- You are good at following up several projects simultaneously.
- Manages the staffing levels and utilization of the department, tracks department performance statistics, maintains communication with team members.
- Determines specific project staffing needs and follows-up on staff performance successes and areas for improvement.
- Assures that engineering activities correspond with the company standards, client requirements, and corporate objectives.
- Oversees and guides project teams in carrying out engineering tasks.
- Responsible for the (technical) quality of work performed within the department, overseeing the technical staff.
- Reviews unusual or complex engineering situations and provides guidance.
- Evaluates the performance of technical staff on a regularly basis and provides his team with continues feedback and coaching.
- Collaborates on the recruitment, selection, and development of technical staff.
- Maintains technical expertise within the department through technical training, including facilitating development through internal department training.
- Communicates and interacts with clients and other external partners.
- Performs senior engineer and project manager responsibilities on projects as needed.
- Master in Electrical Engineering or equivalent by work experience
- 10+ years of relevant experience
- Excellent communication skills, verbal and written
- Management experience
- 3+ years of experience managing projects
- You have a good knowledge of Dutch, English and French.